- Soaking washed okra in fresh lime juice for 15 minutes before cooking helps take away their sticky ‘glueiness’
- The best way to save an unused lime half is to place it cut side down on a saucer of water and place it in the fridge
- Adding a few drops of lime juice to the oil before frying fish reduces the amount of smoke given off, it also helps keep fishy odours at bay
- Lime juice is a good stain remover for both cooking pans and for wooden furniture.
And my favourite…..
- To get more juice from your lime, try beating the fruit with a hammer before cutting.
Thanks to the Brazilian Association of Lime Producers and Exporters for those *ahem* top tips.
Disclaimer: any activity involving citrus fruit & hammers is undertaken purely at the reader’s own risk!